14.4.12

Artists chalk.DIY

Hey everyone. Remember how I said I would post a DIY once a week....has it been more than a week? I hope not. Anyhow this one was more of an experiment... I heard about dying hair with chalk and that it was temporary...but I also heard that the more water you put onto your hair and the lighter your hair is....it may be more like semi temporary. I wanted to see.

This DIY takes fifteen minutes. You need:

Hair
Chalk
Water
Hands



Here we have my artist chalk...they are like pastels...but don't use oil! **might have to try**
I had to rub all of the dust off of mine because as you can see...they are quite often used.

Choose the colors you want....I went with reds pinks and yellows.



Wet hair..I just came from shower. Take chalk and run DOWN your hair with chalk in fingers.



Shit, it's messy.


It will dry and look like this.
yes i'm im pajamas.
yes I have chalk all over my face
yes I need to clean my room



My hair was very damp...and thus the color lasted about two weeks. Nice...but I don't wash my hair too often...




As always..if you try a DIY, send me a photo! I love to see! If you want to follow eachother, I gladly will =) Just leave a comment saying you are following me and i'll return the favor!


15 comments:

  1. wow this is pretty cool <3

    love from the NaNa girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great definitely will try this out X

    CULTstyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! i want dip dye pastel as well. How long does it last approximately? Definitely worth a try out!

    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable OMBRE hair.....super COOL jajaja.

    You can check my new DIY CUTE HEART in:

    www.laviequo.com

    XOXO from MUNICH

    La Vie Quotidienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh nice DIY! a fun and easy way to change your hair color :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great and fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi dear

    your blog is gold
    its full of inspiration!

    xoxo
    Gold

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the fact that you can have a new hair colour so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing DYI <3

    Following <3

    www.stylsiren.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! :)
    wow your hair looks amazing! what a creative idea! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! thanks for your comment! i love this DIY with the hair... i definitely want to try it but don't know how it will turn out on BLACK hair haha... we shall see. =P

    laura

    www.daydreamingupintheclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so smart!!
    I love it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?